The Buyer Portal private web portal is a tool to help convert prospects into buyers. The Buyer Portal is an individualized website for your prospects to visit and continue to build their relationship with your community through a wide range of features.
You can send prospects mobile messages through the portal; each time encouraging them to re‐visit the entire community experience. Every time a prospect logs into their portal, BrightDoor Central captures pages viewed and the amount of time spent on each page; relaying it to BrightDoor Central in real time. You can even receive email notifications each time a prospect logs in to their Buyer Portal!
How Does My Prospect Gain Access to the Portal?
- Each prospect with a valid email address is automatically given access to the portal. The default
- username is the primary email address and the password will be: brightdoor. You have the ability to change the password in the contact’s record.
- To visit their portal, they will visit: http://companyname.brightdoor.com/
What Are ‘Favorites’?
- Any Homes or Home Sites that the prospect has selected on their own through the Buyer Portal.
- Homes or Home Sites that the prospect has viewed and is most interested – this can be assigned as a Favorite through BrightDoor Central CRM.
- The Sales Representative can also assign Favorites through BrightDoor Central CRM that they feel would be a good match. The prospect can then see their selected Favorites through the portal upon their next login.
How Do I Add Favorites to the Contact’s Record?
- Open Contact Record; select Edit Contact Details.
- Scroll to the Favorites & Interests Section
- Select Add Product Favorite
- A new line will appear. Search for the product by clicking on the red house in Select Product.
- Next, a search window will appear; enter product information in the search bar; select search.
- Find the ‘favorite’ product; select done.
- Next, you may designate if the product ‘Has been viewed’ or if the product should be ‘Visible through Private Portal.
- Repeat steps for adding additional Favorites.
- Be sure to SAVE the record before leaving the page.
How Do I Know When a Prospect Logs In and What They Have Viewed?
- To activate an automatic email notification when a prospect logs on, go to ‘My Profile’ (upper right corner of any page) and select the automated email feature. Make sure to click save at the bottom of the page.
- The next time your prospect logs in, you will receive an automatic email notification, including a link to the prospect’s record.
- In each client’s record, the Buyer Portal visit log is documented in the BrightApps History; Buyer Portal tab.
- For a closer look, select View Details.
I Want to Encourage My Prospect to Go Back to Their Portal to Reinforce the Sale. How Do I Do That?
- Open the contact record.
- Select Message This Contact (on the right side of the screen).
- You will be taken straight to the messaging tab.
- Add your subject and text.
- Select Send as Portal Message. Then, select Send.
- The prospect will receive an email notification stating you have sent them a message in their Portal. When a contact responds to your message, the message will appear in the Email Tab in BrightDoor Central CRM.
What Happens If the Prospect’s Favorite Goes Under Contract or Is Sold?
- The prospect can receive an email notification that the Home/Home Site is a different status. Consult with your BrightDoor Account Manager to customize this feature.