Adding and editing Lead Sources is a quick and easy process. A Lead Source can be defined as the origin of a contact or prospect. A Lead Source can be broken down into Parent and Children Types and Sub-types. For example, a “Referral” may be the Parent Lead Source and “Current Resident” is the Child or Sub-Type.
- To access this section, select Setup in the upper right corner.
- Select Lead Sources in the Center Attributes section of the main set up page.
- Use the search bar to look for a specific Lead Source.
- Pay attention to the Active flag, as you could be searching for a Lead Source that is not currently active.
- To Edit, any existing Lead source, select the Edit button on the right side of the screen.
- If you need to add a new Lead Source, click on the New Lead Source link located in the Actions menu.
Here is an example of the “Create Lead Source” page.
- Lead sources are divided into two types; Parent and Child. Parent lead sources are general categories such as Newspaper, Magazine, or Website.
- Children Activities are the specific lead source such as NY Times, Newsweek, PrivateCommunities.com.
- Be sure to click “Save” to add the new record.