The Contact Dashboard page allows users to quickly view a contact record, access and complete activities, and perform quick actions with a few simple clicks.
Use the powerful search tool to look for specific contacts. Users may filter by specific Contact Types, Contact Statuses, and multiple client specific attributes (e.g., state of residence or missing email address). To learn more about applying filters through the Advanced Search tool, click here.
- Click on the “Edit” button to the right of the selected contact to modify existing information.
- You can also click on “View” to see the Contact Record.
BrightDoor Central stores a wealth of sales intelligence related to each contact. The Contact Interactions panel provides a complete, organized view of sales activities, BrightApps tracking data, notes, and historical information.
Activities are sales related communications (either auto-generated based on a prescribed action plan or manually created by the sales agent). Email and eBlast campaigns are also stored as activities.
- Completed – the history of interactions with a contact
- Scheduled – Upcoming activities
- Cancelled – Any activity that has been cancelled
- Show All – lets you see all activities in one chronological view
- The “Include email activity” checkbox toggles off any email communications from the view.
- The “Include eBlast activity” checkbox toggles off any eBlast communications from the view.
Allows users to capture rapport building information, which may not apply to any existing fields. For example a user may wish to remember a contact’s favorite sports team, club affiliations, family information, or anything to help remember the contact.
- To add a note, select the New Note button, click in the note text box area and begin typing.
- To complete the note, click the Save button.
- To search through stored notes for specific information, type your search in the search box area and click the Search button. The notes will filter down to show any matches.
BrightApps displays detailed information on all interactions with BrightDoor sales applications. This is a key component of understanding more about prospect interests and desires.
- To choose which application you would like to view information on, use the pull down selector menu to toggle between the various BrightApps.
- BrightMatch stores survey responses taken by the prospect online or at your sales center.
- BrightSite shows logins, pages visited during a BrightSite private portal session.
- BrightShow captures amenities, home/homesites, and other media viewed during a BrightShow sales presentation.
- BrightGuide captures areas visited by the prospect using the BrightGuide lead generation software.
- If BrightApps are not enabled for your BrightDoor Central, you will see a Tours tab with information related to onsite tour history.
- Use the dropdown to view different historical information: Agent, Status, or Account.
- Agent Assignment History – Shows each agent assigned to the prospect over time. Includes which user assigned the agent and the time the association was changed.
- Status – Shows the status changes over time by date and by user who changed the status.
- Account - Shows the various Accounts a contact has been associated with.
- Allows users to store different file types with a contact record. Files accepted are MSWord, MSExcel, PDF, or JPG.
From here, select from the following options:
- Create New Contact – Opens the “Create New Contact” page.
- Import Contacts – Import or update up to 8,000 records at one time. To learn more about using this tool, click here .
- Export these Contacts – Export all or a selected group of Contacts to a CSV file.
- Bulk Operations – Batch update specific attribute for a group of contacts.
- Use ‘Classic’ Search – Displays a different search tool from our Advanced Search feature.
- Section Help – Quickly access our BrightDoor online Knowledge Base.
BrightDoor Central provides a streamlined, categorized layout for you to create new and manage existing contacts. There are three places where users can start a new contact: the home page, the contacts tab, or from any contact record.
- From the Contact tab, click on the the “Create New Contact” link which will be on the far right side of each of the page under the Actions menu.
The contact form is segmented based on the type of information to be stored for each contact.
Name & Title:
- Enter the contact’s name information. Fields with a small red vertical bar indicate required information.
- By default, BrightDoor Central shows four phone number fields and allows one to be designated the primary number.
- Users may add multiple numbers by selecting “Add another Phone Number”.
- Users may also flag phone numbers as Do Not Call.
- There are separate fields for extensions and there is support for additional phone number types (including international).
- By default, BrightDoor Central shows two Addresses with the ability to note a Preferred and/or Shipping label.
- If a prospect has three or more addresses, a user may add more address fields by selecting “Add another Address”.
- Users may enter unlimited characters in each field and may also enter international addresses. Countries with Provinces will show when the country changes. For example, Canadian Provinces will appear when Canada is selected.
- Enter email addresses in the fields provided.
- Select the Preferred email address by selecting the circle next to the corresponding email address label.
- The email label designates which email address corresponds to work, home, or spouse.
- Users may add more email addresses by selecting “Add another Email Address”.
Sales and Lead Information:
- Users can grade prospects based on their likelihood to purchase.
- Depending on the Contact Type chosen, the first communication method, preferred communication method, and lead source information fields may or may not appear.
- To learn how to create additional Contact Types and Statuses, click here.
- The Account field is not commonly used, but can refer to a commercial account that may purchase one of your properties, a brokerage firm, or a builder.
- Administrative Users may create fields to allow additional captured data such as birthdays, anniversaries, or other client specific information. (An example of this section is shown to the left. Each community can be different)
- If you would like to add a new attribute, click here to learn more.
Favorites and Interests:
- BrightDoor Central allows clients to capture prospect interests, favorites, and preferences.
- Favorites are directly linked to prospects’ BrightSite private portal.
- Select the product(s) that should be added as a favorite.
- Interests and Preferences are configurable to reflect the unique qualities of each client and/or community. Examples include amenities, price range, views, etc. Users may also note the prospect’s interest level.
- To learn more about this feature, click here.
- Information and settings for the contact’s BrightSite Private Portal are available at the bottom.
- Select Save to save and view the contact’s details. The screen will turn grey with a Saving Record note. This is your confirmation you have entered all required information.