Save Email Templates right from your Google Gmail email provider. The “Canned Responses” feature provides the option to create and build text blocks and other reusable pieces of content. You can access and reuse your saved selections at any time.
Step 1 – Enable “Canned Responses”
To enable message templates in Gmail:
- Click the Settings gear in your Gmail’s toolbar.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Labs tab.
- Search for “Canned Responses” in the Search field.
- Make sure “Enable” is selected for “Canned Responses”.
- Click “Save Changes”.
Step 2 – Save a Message as a Template in Gmail
To save an email for future use as a template in Gmail:
- Compose a new message in Gmail.
- Do leave the signature in place if you want it to appear in messages sent using the template.
- You can leave both the Subject: and To: fields empty. They are not saved together with the template.
- Click the “More Options” button in the bottom right corner of the email window.
- Select “Canned responses” | ”New canned response” under “Save” from the menu that appears.
- Type the name for your new template.
- Click OK.
Step 3 – Create a New Message Using a Canned Response
To send a canned message or reply:
- Start a new message or reply.
- Click the “More options” button.
- Point to “Canned responses” in the menu.
- Select the desired template under “Insert”.
- Make sure you fill the To: and Subject: fields.
- Edit the message as needed and click Send.
Note that Gmail will not overwrite any existing text except if you highlight it before inserting the template’s text.