For quicker data entry, BrightDoor Central allows communities to create categorized preferences as check boxes within a contact record. The preferences also appear in the Advanced Search options. For example, you may wish to categorize available views or the type of product someone wishes to buy.
- First, click on the Setup link in the upper right corner of the home page.
- To create a new preference, from the setup menu select “Preferences” in the Contacts menu.
- Choose “Add Preference” under Preference Actions.
- Enter the Preference category.
- If it is a new Category, simply type the new category name.
- If the Preference should go in an existing category, type the category exactly as it appears in the contact form.
- Enter both the Name and Label as the title that should appear in the Contact Form, then check the “Active” box and select Save.
Here is an example of how a new Preference looks in the interface.